For a French Press, we recommend a 1:16 coffee-to-water ratio.
- 19g of coffee
- 300g of water
Note that this recipe was created using a 3 cup French Press. Scale the recipe up as needed for larger presses.
- Weigh out and grind the coffee using a medium grind setting.
- Add the coffee to the French Press. Pour the hot water over the coffee.
- Let the coffee bloom for 45 seconds. Break the crust that has formed on top with a spoon, then vigorously stir the slurry.
- Place the plunger on top of the press and let it sit for 4 minutes.
- Slowly press the plunger downward. The entire plunge should take 30 seconds.
- Let it sit another 30 seconds to let any fines sink to the bottom.
- Serve and enjoy!