store manger |
job summary |
The store manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of a LostCoffee store. They are responsible for managing the day-to-day store operations. You must maintain high store standards and conditions while fostering a positive environment. Provide consistent, fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our customers and team members. The store manager creates the tone and personality of the store by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education. Encouraging safe work practices and a demonstrated commitment to our Policy and Procedures and Barista Covenant is imperative.
embrace, exemplify and coach our mission and core values |
We only provide the highest quality beverages. We continually develop new and innovative processes. We have the best customer service, period! We build long-lasting relationships.
Trustworthiness ~ Always act with honesty and integrity.
Authentic ~ Embrace your inner Rock Star! Have fun!
Inspiration ~ Find the best in every situation and make it shine!
Resilience ~ Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.
Keep It Simple ~ Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
Begin With The End in Mind ~ Create clear goals and work with urgency.
Give Back ~ Build community, recognize others, be humble.
store operations |
- Develops and executes sales and profit plans that are inline with budgetary goals.
- Ensures and is accountable for profitability of the store by growing sales and controlling cost of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
- Oversees all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- Maintains a clean, well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified candidates. Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives.
- Is the Role Model for outstanding service and “owner” of the service initiative at his/her store.
- Pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- Ensures that all team members are committed to and demonstrate our Policy and Procedures as well as the Barista Covenant.
- Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient, friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- Monitors, coaches and encourages team members to meet the LostCoffee’s Policy and Procedures.
- Assesses and provides adequate staffing to provide efficient, friendly and superior service.
- Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment.
- Ensures that all LostCoffee drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- Exceed food safety standards set by LostCoffee and local Health Departments.
- Ensures that all LostCoffee food offerings maintain the highest quality.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services by developing an understanding of our various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts. Knowledge of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- Tastes drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
training & development |
- Provides ongoing training and development to all team members in the areas of operating standards, customer service and product knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead, effectively communicate, and champion LostCoffee Policy and Procedures and Barista Covenants.
- Builds morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team members input is encouraged and valued.
- Ensures each team member has received proper training to perform as a barista or shift supervisor efficiently.
- Continually develops team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team member performance regularly.
- Coaches and counsels team members for improved performance. Documents developmental plans as necessary.
- Some college education. 3 years retail management experience preferred.
- Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Apple Pages, Numbers & Safari.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- This position will require frequent standing. Frequent use of hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range objects. Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- based on experience
- $49,000 (salary, tips, & bonus earning potential)